The Village of South Amherst to discontinue branch pick up, residents to take advantage of Republic Services Yard Waste Collection offering.
To make the best use of Village resources, the Mayor’s Office and Council have voted to discontinue branch pick up for the 2022 season. Many residents have taken advantage of this service in prior years and may already have branches ready for pickup. In light of that, there will be a one-time Spring branch pick up the week of May 2nd, 2022.
As our current waste hauler, Republic Services offers a COMPLETE YARD WASTE removal each week for residents of the village, providing increased convenience for residents to keep their yards and properties beautiful.
To take advantage of Republic’s Yard Waste Removal offering, at no additional cost to the residents, please note the following guidelines:
DETAILS of REPUBLIC YARD WASTE PICK UP
· Occurs on the same day as the scheduled solid waste pick up
· Runs from April 13th through Nov 30, 2022
· Must be placed neatly curbside
· NO PICKUP LIMIT on the number of approved bags/bundles
· Grass clippings and other yard waste can be disposed of in biodegradable brown bags OR loose in 32 Gal. container clearly marked as yard waste; Bags Cannot exceed 40 lbs. each
· Small branches must be bundled no greater than 4ft per length and not to exceed 40 pounds per bundle
· Dirt and stone will NOT be collected as part of approved yard waste
Any questions regarding yard or other ordinances can be found directly on the village website, by contacting the Mayor’s Office, or your Council representatives.
We are proud to serve the residents of the Village
and look to continue to keep South Amherst the quaint town we call home.